Friday, May 24, 2013

long weekends are for lovers

I am so ready for this weekend even though I don't technically have a long weekend.  I'm working tomorrow morning.  I had a 3 day weekend last weekend though and this will be my third Monday off in a row.  Mondays are awful terrible things and I'm really feeling like everyone should have Mondays off to stay at home in their pajamas.  Saturday and Sunday should be set aside for doing fun things or catching up on necessities, while Monday is simply a day to prepare your soul for the work week, all the while in your jams and most likely laying in bed or on the couch.
I spent yesterday preping for Memorial weekend.  Really good stuff.  Between pretending to work and watching a gaggle of geese waddle past my office window on three separate occasions, I did some googling to find something red, white and blue to make or bake.  I was hoping to find something outside of the strawberries-and-blueberries-arranged-to-make-a-flag idea or the jello-whipped-cream-layered-look.  This was a tall order if you can imagine.  I did find a few cute ideas though.  Pancakes that are super patriotic are most definitely getting made and eaten in a super american fashion.
In other news I got the iPhone 5 finally.  It's super sleek and sexy the way iPhones should be.
Isn't it the cutest the way Bella is all up in Hank's business.  I think he might start calling her "mama".

Happy weekending to you and be sure to remember those fallen heroes that gave their lives for us and our country.  We will be getting our bums to the zoo on Sunday.  Fingers crossed for good weather and a happy baby!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I swear I would be so much more productive if we had 4-day work weeks and 3-day weekends. Have fun at the zoo!

Christina @ The Murrayed Life said...

babies and dogs = melted heart