Friday, April 13, 2012

currently

I've been seeing a lot of this post over the past few weeks and after reading it on Sometimes Sweet (a favorite of mine) I finally decided to take part.



obsessing over - I am obsessing over my house.  I just want everything to be perfect before the baby arrives and I feel like there just isn't enough time.  There is so much to do and so little time to do it in.  I can't believe how quickly the time is passing by and between the inside project list and the outside project list being added to each day it gets a bit overwhelming.  I'm thankful that DJ is so motivated to accomplish my tasks that I put before him.  He is so excited to make things perfect for our baby bird and it is so stinkin' cute!  It makes me also obsess over him per usual.

working on - The mister and I are working on two big projects among a million little ones.  One of them we are keeping a secret and it may take us a little bit of time.  The other has to do with this blog and it's mostly me working on it.  Both of our projects are taking some research and while they are important we are really focused on making them work for us in the long run.  The first project has been something my man piece has wanted for a very long time and I think we are finally in a position to make it happen.  The second is all new territory and will take some getting used to.  If you're not moving forward, you're just standing still, right?

thinking about - I'm thinking about the life changes that are headed my way.  I'm trying to imagine myself as a mother.  I know for a fact that I will be a good one.  I have always wanted to be a mother and I feel that I am a nurturer by nature.  It makes my eyes swell with tears to imagine my child.  I want my child to grow up (not too fast) and have the best of everything.  Nothing that I do anymore will effect only myself.  My choices must take into account that I will have someone that looks up to me for guidance.  It's quite a responsibility.  The expectations are enormous.  I've even seen a change in DJ.  He's always talking about how great things are going to be.  We couldn't be more ready.

anticipating - May 8th.  The day our Baby Bloom becomes a him or her in conversation.  I am counting down the days.  It can't get here fast enough for me.  Time seems to just be flying by and yet that day does not seem to be getting here any sooner.  Everyone keeps asking if we want a boy or a girl.  I immediately say, "Girl!" and then DJ shows me up by saying, "It doesn't matter as long as it's healthy.", but behind closed doors he says, "Boy!"  Obviously we will be happy no matter what, but we both want to pass down our favorite things and hobbies to the same sex.  Plus one of us is soon going to be out numbered by the opposite sex.

listening to - I've been listening to a lot of classic rock.  I'm too lazy and unmotivated right now to find any new music so I'm sticking with the classics.  Feel free to send me suggestions, but don't send me anything shitty because I will judge you on your taste in music.  Just kidding.  Kind of.

eating - Kabuki.  Vegas rolls, the heart attack and anything else that is deep fried or baked of course because us pregnant chicks can't eat the delicious raw stuff.  I dream of the heart attack.  It makes my mouth water.  Luckily for me it makes DJ react the same way.  He doesn't even complain when I've asked for it 3 days in a row.  I'm only 16 weeks in to pregnancy and I just seeing this all consuming need for fried jalapenos getting worse and worse.  Baby looooves it though.

wishing - I'm wishing for more of the same.  I can't imagine being in a better place than I already am right now.  I know it makes people want to gag when you talk about how great things are, but I just don't want to be ungrateful for the good things I have.



No comments: