Thursday, July 7, 2011

Gratitude

They say it's the little things in life that matter the most.  This week I have a bushel of little things that are a direct result of my mojo.  The holiday weekend and a short work week are a perfect combination.

1.  My Saturday night was spent at a comedy show in town where a friend of ours was the headliner.  His name is Mike Stanley and he is hilarious.

2.  Sunday was spent at a friends families house on the lake and is was absolutely gorgeous out.  This is a picture that my friends dad took of his tattoo that day.  It's amazing.


3.  I got my Style Mint shirt yesterday and I love it!  Can't wait til next month.

4.  I found a new blog online that I officially adore.  The Daily Julie is witty, stylish and adorable.

5.  I stumbled on The Daily Julie when I googled The Tracy Anderson Method.  I just got my Metamorphosis DVD's in the mail and I am ready to get my dance on with the hawt Tracy Anderson.



6.  Plymouth's Art in The Park starts tomorrow! I love living 3 blocks from downtown Plymouth and being able to walk to these great events through out the year.

7.  On the 4th of July, DJ and I went to go see Lynard Skynard at Pine Knob.  It was the perfect end to the weekend.







8.  Yesterday I came home and DJ surprised me with the best dinner!  It's the best to come home to a homemade dinner prepared by my man.

9.  Saturday started off with bloody marys at Vivio's in downtown Detroit followed by an afternoon of shopping at Eastern Market with my best friend.  Once I got to unload my goodies, DJ and I soaked up some sun at my mother-in-laws.  She made us the most delicious daiquiris.  I have the best family.




10.  Today I got to spend a quite day off sitting on my couch with my two fur babies by my side, reading Room by Emma Donoghue.  My friend Nikki recommended it to me and it's one of those books that's incredibly hard to put down. 

Like I said, nothing big happened, but a lot of little, awesome things make me so grateful. Enjoy your weekend!

"Home is where your husband is."


No comments: