Wednesday, May 25, 2011

What Not To Wear Wednesday - Scrunchie Edition

Back in the day I was a big fan of the scrunchie.  Mostly wearing them around my wrist whilst matching them to my outfit, but the other day I was doing a little browsing through the mall and I stumbled upon these heinous things AGAIN.



Really?  I know that everything that was once trendy seems to cycle back around and I am a big fan of recycling what's old and making it new again, but this crosses the line.  Not everything is worth reclaiming as a hot new fad.

Please don't wear a scrunchie again.  Ever.  A theory Carrie Bradshaw once stood by was that no New York woman would ever be caught dead in a scrunchie unless using it to hold her hair back while washing her face.  I don't even think they are worth it then and although I am not a New York woman I firmly believe that no woman at all should fall victim to the dreaded scrunchie.

Instead try some stylish braids, buns or scarfs this summer.  They all seem to be wildly popular lately and I am so down with all three.

BRAIDS






BUNS






SCARFS




(I'm obsessed with turbans right now.  OBSESSED)

BONUS POINTS IF YOU COMBINE THEM







That's a whole lotta awesome hair.  Don't harness your tresses in a scrunchie.  Please.  My head will explode otherwise.

“I will never be the woman with the perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it.” - Carrie Bradshaw

 

No comments: