Monday, May 23, 2011

Long Time No Blog

As usual I am a huge blogging slacker.  Last time I blamed getting married and this time I blame starting a new job, buying new car and buying a new house.  Sue me.



So, I love the new house however the stresses of moving while being a guest at 6,000 weddings in the past 2 months, training for and starting at a new job and even a little drama from some people close to DJ and I, it's all left me a shell of a woman.  OK, not 6,000, (my husband always says I exaggerate, whatever) but quite a few and I really don't feel like myself.  Now that I am working full time I feel like am not performing my wifely duties to the best of my ability.  What's that phrase, my mom always used to say?  Something about there not being enough hours in the day?  Need-less-to-say I sound like my mother is another phrase I have been repeating on the regular lately.  I know that I am not the only woman with this problem and I also know that it will only be worse once I add little babes to the mix, but I'm allowed to vent and whine until I find a balance.

More than anything else, the moving has been a major thorn in my side.  For a month or more before the move my husband and I started packing so that we could paint both the old and new place.  Therefor we were living in boxes and eating out for nearly every meal.  Ugh.  At the end of April we began moving and without fail it rained.  Every time my husband and I have moved it has rained.  Anyway, so with the help of family and friends we got the all stuff moved in to our new house and the boxes were piled high.  Moving ended on a Saturday night, followed by pizza and bedtime by about 10 pm.  Sunday probably should have been spent unpacking, but instead we couldn't move our tired asses off the couch.  Since then the boxes have slowly and I mean SLOWLY been unpacked and this weekend we even had time to work on the yard.

With all that said, here is this week's motto.

And that's the plan.  No more worrying and getting cozy in bed while watching The Bachelorette!

"Home is wherever I'm with you."  Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros


No comments: