Tuesday, October 19, 2010

New Name - New Plan


I spent nearly all of the past year planning for one single day, not a week or even a weekend, but just one day.  That day was my wedding day and it was, as I previously mentioned in yesterdays blog, AMAZING!  So after spending the last week recovering and relaxing, I got to thinking about the next year ahead.  I want to put the same amount of energy I spent planning for my wedding towards a new plan, and the plan for next year is to run in the Detroit Marathon.

I must note that I hate running.  I despise it in fact, but I do love exercising and I do love being healthy.  I always envy my best friend that can run twice as long as me if not longer and those people at the gym that run longer on the treadmill than I even spend one the stairmaster, treadmill and free weight area combined.  Also running yields far better weight loss results than other forms of cardio and combined with weight training the benefits are striking.  Besides obvious weight loss benefits, running benefits the body, cardiovascularly as well as bone health, mood, coordination, etc.  If I can focus my energy once spent researching venues, making fortune cookies and matching sparkly red shoes to satin red dresses on building up endurance and stamina on the treadmill, I really believe that I could successfully finish the marathon next year.  (I mean if Katie Holmes can run a marathon, so can I. Right?)


Last year as Miss Laura Defoe I walked the Reindeer Run, and next year as Mrs. Laura Bloomingburg I will be running the Detroit Marathon.


2009 Reindeer Run

I don't care how much power, brilliance or energy you have, if you don't harness it and focus it on a specific target, and hold it there you're never going to accomplish as much as your ability warrants. ~Zig Ziglar



No comments: