Monday, October 18, 2010

Back In The Saddle Again

DISCLAIMER - Try not to puke while reading all the mushy, love parts ;)

I'm back to a normal schedule finally!  The wedding has come and gone and I am a married woman, a happy married woman at that.  It feels incredible to not have so much going on everyday, all day.

In case you weren't there or were wondering, the wedding was beautiful.  The day was amazing and not to sound cliche but it was absolutely perfect.  I spent the night before at my maid of honor, Megan's house, watching "Dirty Dancing" and calming my nerves surrounded by my bridesmaids.  DJ and I spent the night apart, but before he left he gave me a loving kiss.


The next day we were up bright and early and headed to the salon.  Between my bridesmaids and I we killed three bottles of champagne (not even one half gallon of orange juice), gossiped, read magazines and played with the most handsome little fur baby ever, Scout.



From the salon we stopped for a lunch break, packed up our bags and dresses, to hit the road and head over to the house we rented to get ready in before the ceremony.  Besides our driver telling us sob stories and acting like an all around lunatic, the girls and I arrived, put on some music and got our make-up done by the amazing Brian!


After the make-up was done, we put on our dresses, took some pictures and traveled down the street to the ceremony.  We stood inside the Carriage House and watched as guests arrived and then migrated down to their seats.  The weather was unlike what you would ever expect on October 9th in Michigan, mid-70's and sunny!  I thought my heart was going to pound out of my chest, waiting for the ceremony to start, but once it did I felt a flood of emotion.  All of our friends and family gathered to watch DJ and I honor to love one another for the rest of our lives.  It's really beautiful.




After "I now pronounce you husband and wife.", the party started.  The food, the drinks and the dancing lasted late into the night. 

I wouldn't change a thing about my wedding day.  Everyone kept telling me that it would be the best day of my life, and I didn't believe them, but to-date, marrying the man that makes me love and laugh everyday really has been the best day of my life.  I really am living my happily ever after.


"This kind of certainty comes, but once in a lifetime." - Anonymous



No comments: