Thursday, March 7, 2013

raw and ruff-age

I'm just going to get right to the heart of the best part of my life right now and that was finding out that there is a raw juice bar open in downtown Plymouth.  I swear sometimes I truly feel like the universe speaks to me.  As part of my new years resolutions I made it a personal goal to do the blueprint cleanse.  I have been dying to try this cleanse for quite some time.  Probably something I saw on E! News, my go-to for all things celebrity gossip related.  So I tacked it on my resolution list, making sure that 2013 would be my year.  I've tried plenty of cleanses to date, but something about having the juice delivered to me, celebs that I love have done it and not having to buy 100lbs of veggies and fruits to juice myself just seems worth the dolla dolla bills ya'll.
green #1 / beet #1
Early last week I found out that my cousin got her blueprint cleanse!  Color me jealous.  I was all over her texting questions about it.  She gave me a blow of bad news though.  It doesn't taste good.  Crap.  Now I was really feeling hesitant about placing my own order.  I mean, if I'm going to spend the cash I had better be able to choke that stuff down.  I did a little interweb research and what-do-ya-know, Whole Foods sells the blueprint cleanse juices ala cart.  I can buy them and try them, before committing.  So. Stoked.  I planned to venture my rear end to Whole Foods over the weekend and try each flavor. 
pear & cayenne / carrot & coconut
Skip to last Thursday. I got home for lunch and while I was waiting for my protein shake to blend I browsed my Twitter feed.  Guess what?  DROUGHT was up and running for business.  Raw, fresh, organic juice and just a few blocks away from me!  Again, SO. STOKED.  More than stoked even.  I went the next morning and between the fresh juice and the Pearl Jam greatest hits cd playing, my Friday was off to the best possible start.  I spent the day spreading the word about Drought and my obsession grew to new heights.  I tried a few more flavors on Saturday morning and then spent the rest of the weekend regretting that I only bought two bottles.  Drought offers their own juice cleanse options and while I was there on Friday, one of the ladies working told me how, as a company, they all had done a 4 day cleanse.  On Sunday I ordered my own juice for a 4 day cleanse and yesterday was day one.  I don't know if I was just in the right mind set to start this cleanse or it's just that good, but I'm feeling so good and I have so much energy.  I could feel differently come Saturday so talk to me then.  Or maybe talk to me tonight when I go to the movies to finally see Les Miserables at the little theatre by my house and I can't get my absolute favorite movie snack...popcorn submerged in butter.  I know it's awful for you, but damn it I love it!  Now you can see why I need to cleanse on occasion. ;)

2 comments:

jamiedawn said...

and now all i want is buttered popcorn.. ugh. good luck on your cleanse!! let me know how it goes. i wanna try one!

danielle said...

I'm intrigued! Can't wait to hear how it goes!