Wednesday, December 5, 2012

what it means to be henry's mommy

In the last nine weeks I have learned that being Henry's mommy is to know...

  • that he only likes tummy time if he's laying on mine or daddy's chest.  If he has to lay on his play mat or the floor we will hear a load of whining through the entire tummy time exercise.
  • that he will sleep for about six or seven hours at night and will wake up around five am to be fed.  He will eat and close his eyes right after a good burp, but this does not mean he is sleeping.  If you attempt to lay him down before he is full asleep he will cry within ten minutes and the process will restart.  I now spend at least a half an hour on the couch very silently pinning on Pinterest to be certain Mr. Hank is in a good deep sleep.
  • that Henry only likes to get out of his pajamas after his second feeding for the day, no sooner unless we have sprung a leak of course.
  • that if he is going to poop that day it will be before noon.  The boy is quite regular these days.
  • on some days the only person that will make him happy is me.
  • that he loves Eskimo kisses (rubbing noses). He especially loves them is you say, "Eskimo kisses!" is a silly voice while giving them.  This was how DJ kissed him the very first time he held him so I like to think that's why he loves them so.
  • that he likes to have deep conversations in the morning and after his very long afternoon nap.  He talks the most during those times and thinks it's so wonderful to relax on mommy's thighs, look me in the eyes and tell me all his most important feelings.
  • that while he loves to hear the story, "Oh the Places You'll Go" by Dr. Suess, he thinks the pictures in "Goldilocks and the Three Bears" are hilarious.
  • that Henry LOVES bath time, but loathes the cold lotion afterwards.

I could go on and on about the things I have learned about my love bug, but I'll stop there and just tell you that his shots went fine.  He screamed bloody murder which ripped my heart right out but after a few minutes of snuggles he fell right to sleep.  By the time we got home and he woke up he was smiling and laughing at my awesome jokes.  He did get a small fever yesterday but it went away quickly and two days out my bebe is perfection.  Also just an update, he is 12.2lbs and 23.5inches long.  Hank the Tank is in the 75th percentile!

No comments: