Wednesday, May 9, 2012

guest post: mother's day interview with ele, austin and cole

This week I am featuring guest posts from my mommy friends.  I asked some very special women, all my age, if they would participate in a mother's day interview.   I was thrilled when they agreed and I hope you enjoy reading their responses as much as I did!

Today I'm sharing my mother's day interview with my friend Ele.  She gave birth to twin boys earlier this year.  She's incredible and I hope I look as good as her after giving birth to one baby boy as she does after twin boys! 



 Now that you are a mother yourself has your relationship changed at all with your own mother?

As the baby in the family, having babies made my mother see me as a women instead of only her daughter.  We have a stronger bond then before I had children.

What has been the best advice you have received regarding motherhood?

Even though I am a first time mother, that the unknown will become known when the time comes. I was advised to trust in my self.

How about the worst advice?

Worst advice regarding motherhood dealt with when I stopped breast feeding... do NOT stop cold turkey... ouch!

What has been the hardest part so far of being a mother?

Seeing your child in pain but not being able to do anything about it. As in: vaccinations :(

What has been the most rewarding moment?

The most rewarding moment of being a mother was after a long hard journey in the NICU... I finally got to walk out the front door of that hospital and finally it was with my children in hand. We prayed hard for their fight for life, and it was worth all the pain!



Do you have any advice for first time mothers?

When all else fails to get the crying to stop... put your child in the car and drive... always works.

 What was your guilty pleasure while pregnant?

 Ben and Jerry Ice cream... every night!

Do you have plans to have more children?  If so how many?  How soon?

Our most recent journey was incredibly stressful. We both need lots of time to catch our breath after raising newborn twins! When I say catch our breath, I really mean we'll need to sleep for a few years to catch up on what we've missed.

What has been your biggest obstacle so far to overcome?

Going back to work has been extremely difficult :(

How has your own mother inspired you?

She has inspired me to be fun and creative as a mother. I want to create wonderful childhood memories for my boys.

What was your earliest childhood memory about your own mother?

My earliest memory of my mother is when I was in pre school. We were all given Indian names and my mom named me babbling brooke because I am known to talk too much.

How do you want to most be like your mom?

I want to be as forgiving as my mother. No matter what I did, I was immediately forgiven.

What did you do for your mom on mother's day in the past?

When I lived closer we would get pedicures and have a girls day out.

Lastly, what is your greatest wish for your children?

 My greatest wish for my children is that they believe in themselves as much as I believe in them.

Thanks Ele!  Happy Mother's Day to you! xoxx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing mommy!! and beautiful boys!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Nice interview with interesting insights from the new mom... Good luck & best wishes for the family!