Wednesday, November 2, 2011

sometimes you feel like a blog, sometimes you don't

I'm coming to terms with the fact that I am not the best a keeping up with this here blog.  I don't know why it seems like such a chore some days to come home after work and tell you about my day or weekend, but damn sometimes I'd rather play with my babes and kiss my hubby.

Monday was Halloween!  Sunday night DJ and I hurried out before his hockey game to get our grocery shop on and made sure to get 3 bags of delicious snack size candy for all of our trick or treaters.  I got out of work around 5 and hurried home to prepare for all the children and their cuteness.  I changed into my jammies, put dinner in the oven and waited...and waited...and waited.  NOTHING! Not a single trick or treater.  I mean I know our neighborhood is small, but there are a lot of kiddos.  We've been in the same neighborhood for about three years now,  (yes we bought a house in the same neighborhood we were already living in because we loved in that much) and we've literally seen these kids grow.  How could they hose us on the joy of passing out candy?  Not to mention, now I'm stuck with a bowl full of awesome candy that taunts me.  I swear I could actually hear it whisper, "Laura" from the kitchen, while I was watching tv in the bedroom.

this once had a much larger variety

No comments: