Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Summa Sizzla

I think it's safe to assume that my wishes for a hot summer have come true, in more ways than one.  Between the heat and my husband making sure that I get to do everything that I want, I am having the best summer!  Typically we are home bodies and enjoy the comforts of home cooking and our couch.  This season though has lit a fire up under our tushes and we have been bee-boppin all over Metro Detroit bars, festivals, concerts, you name it.

This weekend was no different.  DJ and I had a 50th birthday party to attend, but after we hit up the Pig and Whiskey even in fashionable Ferndale, centered around WAB a.k.a  Woodward Avenue Brewery.  Lots of ribs, pulled pork, BBQ, beers and of course whiskey were being tasted, tested and sampled in the hot hot heat.  It was smokey and sweaty and an awesome night all around.  The Detroit Cobras played the last show of the night and the killed it as usual. 

 Beer Tent Madness
 Raspberry Blonde - nom nom nom

After some outside shenanigans DJ and I migrated over to Small's Bar to meet up with some old friends that just moved back to town from Florida (well actually Muskeegon, but they lived in Florida before that).  DJ, is thrilled to have his long time best friend back.  We showed up late in the evening but immediately we were caught up to speed on two important topics.  First of all the juke box was ahh-mazing with everything from The Cramps to The Eagles of Death Metal and best of all you get 18 plays for $5!  Second, one of DJ's ex-girlfriend's names was on the bathroom wall in a very unflattering fashion.  (as if a name on a men's stall door would ever be flattering)  Ahhh, it was a hilarious and fun place to end the evening. 



This summer is by far one of the best summers I have ever had and my birthday is in only 3 weeks.  It's my birthday month people! Hollar leos ;)

 "Keep your heels, head and standards high."



No comments: