Monday, October 25, 2010

Va-Va-Vintage

From the beginning of my relationship with my now husband, DJ, we have shared a passion for shopping for vintage treasures.  There is something so satisfying about stumbling upon a rare concert t-shirt from another decade that is now soft and thin and hanging on the rack at the local Salvation Army, and more importantly mine for the taking.  The rush does not stop on clothing alone.  DJ and I love vintage pieces for the home, floor lamps, chairs, stools, tables, etc. 



My husband and I use our spare time on the weekends and evenings for thrifting, garage saleing, estate sales and antique shops.  Some days are better than others, but more often than not we never come home empty handed.  We find treasures in all shapes and sizes and sometimes these shapes and sizes don't fit our home or bodies.  Instead of leaving behind any of these gems we bring them home to hopefully find someone that loves them as much as we do.  Our dream would be to one day own a vintage shop, however it hasn't been in the cards yet.  Instead, in the past we have listed these items on Ebay, however as of late I was talking to a friend about the racks of vintage dresses, suit coats and t-shirts DJ and I have in our basement, she suggested creating a store on Etsy



Etsy is a wonderful website full of buyers and sellers of handmade or vintage items.  Everything from crocheted baby hats to vintage wedding dresses are being bought and sold by a very artistic and creative community.  I was blown away by the amount of one of a kind pieces of jewelry, clothing and art I found once I searched the Etsy site.  I showed DJ around the site and we both agreed it would be a perfect place to share our personal collection of jewels.  Our store is Ginger Bloomy and we would be honored if you could visit us anytime!

*We are still working to get more items uploaded currently so keep checking back!!*

"It is easily overlooked that what is now called vintage was once brand new." Tony Visconti



No comments: