1. You can tell an awful lot about a person based on how they treat an animal, more specifically a dog.
2. Speaking of animals, please do not allow your animal to ravage your guests. If the dog is jumping, barking or humping do not make your guest fight off the dog themselves. It makes people uncomfortable to have to discipline someone elses pet.
3. Same goes for your child.
4. Be a good tipper, period.
5. If you see that someone has food in their teeth, their fly is down, or something is askew that they clearly are not aware of, tell them. Just be a decent person and tell them. Why are we embarrassed to tell someone they left half their spinach salad from lunch in their gibbs?
6. Gossip is unavoidable. Truly. Learn to laugh at the untruths that your hear about yourself otherwise you are going to waste an awful lot of time and energy putting out fires that no one really cares about anyway.
7. Guys, stop sticking your dick in crazy and then complaining about the shit you have to deal with and vice verse goes for you chicks.
8. Don't ask people, "When are you guys gonna get married?" or "When are you guys gonna start having kids?" because quite frankly you don't know what the situation is and it may lead to someone having hurt feelings.
9. Keep promises to yourself. If you can't rely on yourself then why should anyone else?
10. Iron your clothes.