Monday, October 10, 2011

monday morsels

I can't say enough good things about this weekend.  It was lovely.  If you haven't been following, then let me catch you up to speed.  It was our one year anniversary yesterday and my husband is the best.  I've been whining lately about his lack of romantic skills and boy did he kill it this weekend.  Sweets, treats and surprises reminded me how lucky I am.  Friday and Saturday were just for husband and I, but Sunday was shared with friends.  The weather was incredible.  I told my un-wed girlfriends to take note that this weekend seems to be the most gorgeous weekend for weather in the fall. 

1 down 100 to go
 I'm thrilled to be happily married still after one year.  I think it is such an accomplishment with how short people's marriages are these days.  I definitely believe that the first year is the toughest and with all the changes that my hubby and I had I think that we can say with out a shadow of a doubt that we had a tough first year.  However, we went through it and came out stronger, happier and more in love than ever before.  Yesterday DJ said to me, "I can honestly say that I love you more today than I did one year ago, and last year I didn't even think that would be possible."  (I melted)  The thing is that I know exactly what he means.  I feel the same way.  He has never failed me.  In seven years he continues to make my life better on a daily basis.  I'm not saying we have a perfect marriage, but I am saying that it's pretty great.

Penn Bar with friends before the Chili Cookoff

loves 

No comments: